One year ago, we filmed our first interview for MARY JANES: THE WOMEN OF WEED at the 2016 Women Grow Leadership Summit in Denver, CO.
Today, we’re editing the feature-length documentary and hope to announce its film festival premiere soon.
In the past 12 months we:
- Interviewed over 40 “women of weed”.
- Traveled to 8 states that have either medical and/or adult use of marijuana.
- Filmed at a hemp field, pot farm, dispensaries, bakeries, laboratories, a doctor’s office, and countless offices and conference rooms.
- Recorded 100+ hours of footage from cannabis entrepreneurs, activists and thought-leaders.
- Received celebrity support from Melissa Etheridge, Willie Nelson and Susan Sarandon.
- Pitched MARY JANES to the cannabis investor members of The Arcview Group in Los Angeles.
- Called our Senators and Representatives multiple times to ensure the progress we’ve made toward gender parity, social justice, environmental sustainability and cannabis legalizations aren’t undone. #StopSessions #StartMakingSense
It’s been quite a year, and as we saw on Election Night 2016, the #Puffragette Movement is needed now more than ever.
We look forward to announcing the World Premiere of MARY JANES: THE WOMEN OF WEED soon!
If you’d like to support our work to bring the film over the finish line, you can make a tax-deductible donation HERE. Thank you!